Tuesday 20 October 2009

Waves on the English Channel

Quite a stormy day - I am looking out at big waves on the Channel. Winter is on the way.

I did some RVs on Sunday, on my way back from the Hall - had a long chat with Tony, and he has lent me a book to read and comment on - the Book of Enoch. And Audrey and I went out this morning - lots of tricky driving, so nervous about it that I dont seem to do too well on the doors - although there was no-one at home today. I did deliver a couple of magazines though, so I do have a tiny tiny magazine round now.

We had a trip to the hospital yesterday to see the Lung Lady. I did some more tests and they were OK apparently - but we now have to get the info about the first attack to her, which we hope to post today.

You never know what will go wrong. As I have never been a smoker, I never expected trouble with my lungs. Although I did grow up in the smokey Fifties, and in a city that was at that time the Steel centre of the world. The stones of the city were black with smoke back then. It was amazing when they began to clean them for the first time, revealing an almost honey colour under the black!

We also went through the aftermath of the Gulf War, when the air was full of smoke from the burning oilfields in Kuwait, so I suppose my poor old lungs have had quite a lot to put up with.

I am really beginning to feel the force of the Biblical warning that 'death reigns as king over us'.

But I also have the wonderful assurance that it will not do for much longer.

"With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: "Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away." And the One seated on the throne said: "Look! I am making all things new." Also, he says: "Write, because these words are faithful and true.""

Faithful and true.

If am sitting watching the waves coming and going on the Channel a million years from now (as I hope to be), will I remember sitting here now, writing today's blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment