Saturday 12 December 2009

To a Cathedral town

A lovely evening at Jackie's last night. She made us ham, baked potato and salad, followed by cheesecake. All delicious and a fun evening.

But it was such an effort to get up and get going this morning. I really had to remind myself of how much Jehovah has done and is doing for me, and all of us. And then when I finally did get in a better frame of mind and set off to drive to Sue's for the field service I had trouble with my car - the front screen windscreen - or rather the thing that is supposed to clear it - doesn't seem to be working properly. I nearly turned back, but anyway, I didn't and arrived late.

The maps were for our local Cathedral town today. Sue very kindly drove me and we had nearly two hours out. We finished our territory - placed quite a few magazines - and did a couple of return visits too. It was cold, but quite sunny. And we were working in the shadow of the cathedral - a magnificent and imposing building, but...

I now have to wrestle with cheesecake again. Captain Butterfly is off to the Annual Do of the Treasure Hunters tonight and was asked to bring the dessert. So I have made a giant chocolate cheescake, which we now have to extract from its container, slice, and package for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment