Tuesday 15 December 2009

Winter arrives

Very cold today, snow on the way apparently. Audrey and I managed an hour of return visits and magazine deliveries. We didn't find many in, but at least we tried.

There have been two deaths in the congregation recently - one very sudden. The first funeral today, which I could not get to, but - depending on when Bea arrives Tuesday - we might manage to go to the second one next week.

I hope they are both sleeping safe in 'the everlasting arms', and have a wonderful awakening ahead of them into the restored earthly Paradise.

Captain Butterfly and I have done nothing much for the rest of the day. I have caught up on emails a bit, him on paperwork, but we have been couch potatoeing really.

I have the Dentist tomorrow morning, and a blood test on Thursday.

A lot of retirement time is taken up with these medical things.

I was thinking about our childhood winters - how we loved snow. There seemed to be a lot more of it then - or at least there was in our northern moorland town.

No comments:

Post a Comment