Saturday 6 February 2010

The return of The Orchid

The orchid Bea gave us a year and a half ago is blooming again. Two perfect white flowers. It slept for a while then slowly put up its flower stalk and its buds and now the flowers are coming out, one by one. Our Lidl Orchid, the purple one, is obviously doing the same, but hasn't quite reached the flowering stage yet.

Sometimes when going door to door with my Bible, I meet people who say that they will believe in God if He shows them a miracle.

Yet the miracles are all around us.

Dylan Thomas wrote (in a poem, don't know which one) of 'the force that through the green fuse drives the flower'.

What is that force?

It is the spirit of the Grand Creator, the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.

And every flower is a miracle - a perfection of beauty.

And now I feel very guilty that i am not going to my field service group this morning to try and tell people about their Creator. But I am coughing and coughing. I did manage an hour of return visits yesterday, but it exhausted me. And I ended up coughing and coughing in a horrible manner. I hope this cold is going to go by Spring!

We had a lovely meal at Jackie's last night. She had made us an Italian style casserole with chicken and olives, followed by fresh pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment