Friday 24 September 2010

Oyster Catchers

Col has rushed off to the beach to try and catch some Oystercatchers while the light is right.  If he has got some good pictures I will request one for this blog, so it should appear in time.

I am suffering from a severe arthritis attack in both knees, so my wings are clipped at the moment - and  I won't be catching any oysters for a while.

Bea left this morning - we hope she is going to find time for another visit before she leaves for the North. She has been a constant in our life here.  The Autumn flowers she bought me remain and brighten up the lounge.  

Lovely roast chicken dinner round at Jacks last night.

I spoke to Audrey today - and we hope to work together on Tuesday.    I have also spoken to the returned Maggie, who I hope to see on Sunday, and managed (before the arthritis struck) to hobble up to the post office and send the wedding photos off to Aunt Jo, a congratulations card to my sister Siwe, and a little card to Ellen, who was a student of mine at one time.

This blog is supposed to be my diary (I can't write one anymore because of my hands) so I need to remember to note who I posted what to - and when.

An evening of couch potatoing lies ahead of me - and quite some moaning and groaning every time I try to get off or on the couch, or even move.  Its not looking too good for my book about my expedition to Everest, although I am planning to do it by couch - so I suppose as long as my team of couchpushers keep me supplied with my painkillers and anti-inflammatories, along with the constant nice cups of tea, I may yet do it.

Watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment