Friday 12 November 2010

Rain

The rain continues during the Circuit Overseer's visit, putting me in mind of a poem/verse that i came across on a trip to South Island New Zealand many years ago.  The Captain and I were young then.  We drove all the way down the West Coast - rain forest to the left of us and beautiful Cornish style beaches to the right.  We hadn't realised how remote and unpopulated it was.  We drove for hours and hours and I think we only saw one other car.  Of course that was many years ago.

RAIN by Anonymous

It rained and rained and rained
The average fall was well maintained
And when the tracks were simply bogs
It started raining cats and dogs
After a drought of half an hour
We had a most refreshing shower
And then most curious thing of all
A gentle rain began to fall
Next day but one was fairly dry
Save for one deluge from the sky
Which wetted the party to the skin
And then at last the rain set in.

Still, after all those years in the desert, i am not complaining.  I love the greenness, and the different moods of the weather and the light on the English Channel.   I drove along the Sea Road with Audrey today and we noticed the wonderful light on the sea. 

An interesting morning out. I found someone in I have been looking to find again for over a year.   He took another publication.   I got a definite: I don't want you to call any more - from someone else.  And then I distinguished myself by mistaking someone's boyfriend for their son...

What can I say - beyond  Sorry?

So a mixed morning.  Then I took Audrey shopping and the rain was just starting as we dashed back to the car.

Jacks is coming over for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment