Tuesday 15 March 2011

Birdsong 2

I missed an Arun walk this morning - with sunshine and good light for photos (see The Captain's Log).  Spring has sprung, and apparently the local robins (see photo) got very loud and sing-y  and did a lot of territorial proclaiming, warning other robins off.

"As you would, if another man dared to fly near me, your precious (and stunningly attractive) Mrs.Captain", I said complacently.

The Captain failed to burst into his warning song at this point, so his Spring courting rituals need some polishing.

Audrey, Jean, Maggie and me were out on the door to door work this morning - in Angmering - which is why I missed the walk.   We didn't find too many in, but had a few interesting talks.  I placed the March Watchtower with a young lad who had one of those pit bull/bull terrier sort of dogs. It came bounding out at us, but fortunately was very friendly and cuddly.  I think they are if they have a nice owner.

It is a wonderful Watchtower, which starts with  Jesus words at Matthew 24:14 - which explain why we are at your doors in the first place.

It says:  "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come".

And I left him with these two questions:

What is the "good news of the Kingdom"?

And what is going to come to its end?

The articles show how the Bible answers those questions.

I only have one copy of that Watchtower left now sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment