Monday 14 March 2011

Birdsong

Colin's new Ipod came into its own on our walk today - by the River Arun - along blackberry alley.   We chose music from it for the car and then its birdsong index came into play.  He is using it to try to teach me the bird songs.

"What bird is that?" he would ask every time some bird went and sang something.

"I don't know", I would answer truthfully.

Anyway, I did learn something.  The answer - when walking by the Arun in March - is usually "A great tit".  (Or was that me, for not knowing the answer?)

I can manage to recognise a pheasant though as it has a sort of rasping clockwork cry to go with its fast clockwork flight.

Shopped, studied, and changed my library books.

Out with Audrey on the work tomorrow - via a trip to the shops first.

No comments:

Post a Comment