Thursday 24 March 2011

A Busy Day

A busy day for me.  Maggie and I did some of her magazine route calls and return visits, and found some of them in.  I still can't find my last magazine call at home. And then I met Louise at the Kingdom Hall.  Brian was there hall cleaning and I chatted to him until Louise arrived.  She had had a real busy morning at work.  We went and did some return visits and not at homes. I was able to explain to two people - using Matthew 24:14 - why we keep calling.  And the second lady said that we may call back.
El Capitano B shopped for the chutney ingredients and has a big pot of his famous chutney simmering on the stove as I type.  The chicken is in its marinade for tomorrow evening, and I am just off to the Hall for the Thursday night meeting.  I feel extremely tired and hope to sleep well tonight.
Its a cooking day tomorrow as I have to produce curries for five.  But first thing is a visit to the Optician.
What you don't realise before you retire is how much of your time will then be spent in propping up your crumbling body...
Looking forward to seeing Jacks tomorrow. We haven't seen her for over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment