Monday 28 March 2011

Sundays...

...are often busier in retirement than they are when working.  However, yesterday wasn't, as i spent the whole afternoon in bed, asleep.  The arthritis I think. Its an exhausting condition.  I did get to the meeting at the Hall  in the morning though, thank goodness.   Mick gave the talk, which was about why we fear Jehovah - and how that makes us happy and secure (unlike most fears).   I have certainly found that to be true and am more grateful than I can say that the God of Abraham sent his witnesses to my door all those years ago.

We also learnt that some people have a fear of the dawn - and that there is a name for it which I have since forgotten.  My two remaining brain cells are kept at full stretch remembering my own name these days.

A specific fear of the dawn is odd.  I can understand the fear of a new day.  I did not like Monday mornings in childhood as that meant back to school after the happiness of the weekend.  As for the dawning of the first day of a new school year...  aaaaarrrggghhh... I can remember the feeling even now.

But the dawn itself is so lovely and one of those times when you can feel the holiness of the world.  Its been a quiet greyish dawn today over the English Channel, which is very calm at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment