Friday 3 June 2011

A Zimmer Designed by Q

We spent yesterday morning at the hospital -  mostly waiting for a blood test - as I got an appointment with my lovely arthritis doctor and got my emergency injection.   An injection that I always want to call 'silicon', but is, I believe 'steroid'.

It had the effect of making me feel quite ill for the rest of the day, but it has very much improved my walking.  I could almost have been said to have sprung out of bed this morning.  Almost.

When the phone call telling me I am the next Bond girl finally comes I will book up for the silicon injections.  And pop down to the Lab so Q can provide me with my specially designed zimmer frame, on which I shall hurtle about chasing (or escaping from) all the baddies.

I'm not sure if they are going to call the next James Bond: "For Your Eyes Only"  or  "The Casting Director Should Have Gone to Specsavers".

I had intended to spend yesterday cooking for Jacks tonight, but instead spent this morning shopping (thank you Cooks of Rustington) and now hope to provide homemade (tho not by me) chicken casserole, followed by a small cheeseboard and strawberries and cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment