Saturday 9 July 2011

Baking - and a request to Captain B

We worked on the doors this morning - over and over with two brothers.  We had one interesting conversation and can go back.   It is our month to clean the Hall again!  Time is hurtling along, faster and faster.   Ronald and I will do the cleaning on Thursday after the Field Service group, with Captain Butterfly, IF he is free and agreeable to help.

It will be a busy week.  Jan and I meet up Tuesday to practise our part in the school on Thursday - my first appearance in the school since I left the land of expats.  Plus the field service - I have to remind myself to pick up Audrey.  And it seems as if I will hardly see Captain B - his week is stuffed to the gills.  

Aunt Margaret's funeral is this week.

Got an email from Peter thanking me for the crit of the first Chapter of his memoirs, which re-creates the world of our Fifties childhood with startling vividness.

I made a cake this afternoon as a present for El Capitano.  It was our 38th Wedding Anniversary on Thursday and we weren't able to celebrate as we were at the hospital all morning and I was at the Hall in the evening.   It is a date cake - a Delia Smith recipe - so a reminder of all our years in Expatland too.

The deeper and deeper levels of corruption being revealed in "the world" every day are shocking.  And frightening.   But not surprising to anyone who has paid attention to the warning from our Creator that, for the moment, "the whole world" is lying in the power of "the wicked one" - Satan the devil.

And he is also called "the father of the lie".

But not for too much longer. We are heading towards "the land of straightforwardness".

No comments:

Post a Comment