Saturday 30 July 2011

Dinner at Jackies

We had a lovely roast chicken dinner at Jackie's last night - lots to catch up on as we don't seem to have seen each other for ages.   El Capitano was off again searching for the Misper  ("missing person" to us civilians).  She was found, thank goodness, sometime this afternoon, though not by the Captain himself.

Jean and I did an hour and a half on the doors this morning - in a caravan park - lovely gardens - one gentleman gave us a tour of his beautiful garden, but sadly did not want to hear about the Paradise the whole earth is to become.

Then it was Hall Cleaning...  but I felt a bit redundant this time, as all I did was half of the dusting - quite a few sisters turned out.  It shouldn't be the turn of our field service group again till next year.

The Motor Fair is roaring away on the green.

Ann of the Cape skyped with some interesting Biblical questions which I hope to tackle tomorrow.  We had a good talk.  I wish she lived here.  It was so nice when we lived in the same town.

And it was lovely when me and my siblings were all young married and we all lived in our Northern hometown...

No comments:

Post a Comment