Monday 18 July 2011

Julia of Arabia

The walking stick is still missing.   We need a Jane Marple to sort this one out.

Funny weather over the weekend - heavy rain showers and sunshine with that wonderful light that usually means a rainbow somewhere.   The nearer I get to leaving it, the more I love and appreciate the beauty of the world - and I so much want to live here forever - to "inherit the earth" as Jesus promised. 

Captain Butterfly has had his Rescue hat on - and has been on a course.  I am not feeling wonderful on this new medication.  Jean, Ken and I have made our travel plans for Brighton next weekend. And Jean and i were out on the doors on Saturday, but we only lasted half an hour as we were soaked to the skin by then, even though we were doing return visits. And we weren't sure that having a couple of drowned rats turning up on your doorstep would be very encouraging.

I managed some return visits yesterday and had a nice conversation with a young girl I have been leaving the magazines with  for some months now.  She works shifts, so I usually put them through her letterbox.  I hoped I might find her in at Sunday lunchtime and I did.

Tom won The Apprentice!  The nice guy came first.

We heard from Julia of Arabia and she hopes to come and stay with us in September.  It will be great to see her.

Pete sent me his next chapter to comment on, which I have done.  It is a wonderful evocation of Fifties England and, while he will have to cut and re-shape for publication, he must keep what he has written as a valuable time-machine.

It was a time of great hope for a brave new world.

And people really did try, but we are up against the fact that "it does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step".  And, cut off from our Creator as we are, we cannot thrive on our own.

And so we - the children of Adam - started our new millenium by re-starting the Crusades.

No comments:

Post a Comment