Friday 5 August 2011

A quiet day

Though not for Captain B.  I hardly saw him during the day.   For me it was studying, dusting and polishing, doing two loads of washing, answering emails and climbing Paperwork Mountain  of which I never seem to reach the top.    Oh and I made us a vegetable soup for this evening.

Last night was the meeting at the Hall, which was wonderful as always.  It was a hot sticky day, as if it was going to thunderstorm, and I noticed most of us were very tired.  I had a blood test in the morning and a trip to the Opticians in the afternoon.

Is the world economic system finally imploding?   How do people cope without knowing the truth?  (Christianity is called "the way of the truth".)

The congregations worldwide are studying the Book of Acts at the moment, and the Book of Psalms.  And this week we reached Psalm 90.

"In themselves the days of our years are seventy years;
And if because of special mightiness they are eighty years,
Yet their insistence is on trouble and hurtful things;
For it must quickly pass by, and away we fly. "

And how quickly it does fly by.  A year hardly seems to last a month these days.  If I make my threescore years and ten, I have 6 more Autumns ahead of me.

However, the Psalmist also shows us what we must do.

"Show [us] just how to count our days in such a way
That we may bring a heart of wisdom in."

If Jehovah remembers us we will live again, with Autumns "to time indefinite" ahead of us.  So it is wise to let ourselves by taught by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment