Tuesday 1 November 2011

High Tide

Sep 9
Given that the storms on the Channel have already started, I thought it might be time for another poem I wrote years and years ago:

Hi! Tide

The sea had long wanted to go into town
So, early one morning, it roared in
Found the arcades still closed
And battered them down.


Obviously I very much hope The English Channel isn't reading this blog.

Went out with a young pioneer sister yesterday and we tackled some of our return visits.  I didn't find any of mine in, but did find Dave on my magazine route at home, delivered the mags and had a brief chat.   Went to the meeting last night and joined the small school as audience, as Audrey had a part.

I also got a part in October, in the big school, on the platform, with a microphone...

No comments:

Post a Comment