Sunday 18 December 2011

The return of the Arthritis

Yes, my arthritis is fine thanks.  Holding my body in its iron grip.  The steroids gave me a temporary relief in which I have pranced around like a (rather elderly) spring lamb.  But now its back with a vengeance.

Its a lovely dawn here over the English Channel, with a range of cloud mountain all along the horizon.  And a flock of seagulls has just flown across, like notes in a symphony.

I am desperately hoping that I can have another steroid jab before we set off on our trek oop North, but I suspect it will be too soon.  They may puff me up till I am in danger from every passing Japanese whaling ship, but its wonderful to be pretty much free of pain, to be able to do things, and to have a bit of energy.

I don't even know if I will be able to get myself into the shower and dressed in time to get to the meeting this morning!

Did get out on the work yesterday, but Jay is not young either, and we only managed to do 45 minutes, as we were working in a tall block of flats with lots of stairs.  However, we did get to talk to some people and gave them a chance to hear the truth - Christianity being called "the way of the truth".

And the Captain and me enjoyed the Strictly Final yesterday.  It had to be between Harry and Chelsee and we thought either would have been a worthy winner.  It was funny at the end when Harry won and his McFly bandmates invaded the pitch and had to be shooed off by Sir Bruce.

No comments:

Post a Comment