Wednesday 25 January 2012

A Day of Visitors

We - well mostly Col, as he drove the Computer - did our tax returns today.   Aaargh.   But now they are done - and paid.   And strangely, it was a day of visitors too - and lots of phone calls.   Frances and Ella came by just before lunch with flowers and the C.O. talk for us to listen to.  And Mick and June came in the afternoon.  They sat me down with the Bible and a brochure and we talked about the Paradise earth to come.  He read the verse from Psalm 37 that I had just been using in doing a bit of internet witnessing - all about how, if we endure to the end, we will have our "exquisite delight in the abundance of peace".

They also had a chat with Col about his Metal Detector finds.

And of course I talked to Audrey and Maggie by phone.

June brought over some of that lovely homemade marmalade, so I must make his Lordship some marmalade cupcakes tomorrow.

The Christian congregation really is a warm and loving family.   And I am so grateful for it, and hope to get back to the meetings tomorrow, and restart my door to door witnessing by Saturday.  People need to hear the truth so much - Christianity being called "the way of the truth".

They need to know that this is the darkest hour - just before the dawn.

“‘I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star.’ - Revelation 22:16

No comments:

Post a Comment