Friday 16 March 2012

So farewell then, Maurice the Moth

Maurice seems to have left home!   I was looking forward to many a cosy chat on Mumsnet about his two minutes old temper tantrums, the terrors of his teenage hours, and then, tomorrow, my empty nest syndrome.

But he's gone already.

Busy day yesterday.  Steve and I went to the group and then to our Student. We spent an hour and a half with him.  We were talking about who Jesus actually is and why it is so important to know.   As John 17:3 says:  "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."


It is as important as that.  It means our life.

Col was out all day - see his blog - some great pictures of Sussex in early Spring.  So after lunch, I went off and did my route calls on the Beaumont.  I caught Paul at home - very very rare.  I think I have been delivering the magazines there for about 18 months now and have only ever spoken to him 3 times.

He was about to start his long commute to work - and looked so tired.  But, as he says, it pays the mortgage.

I hope he will read The Watchtower and Awake I left and find good news of something better.

Jacks rang to ask us to supper on Saturday.

Still no sign of rain which we desperately need. Yesterday was a perfect Spring day with a cloudless blue sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment