Friday 6 April 2012

The Memorial

It was the Memorial of Jesus' death last night. It was held all over the world, after sunset.   We all arrived in good time, the Hall - our borrowed Hall - was full to bursting. The Captain and I had seats right in the front.  The flowers looked lovely, the bread and wine were on the table in front of us and were duly passed round. There is no-one in our congregation who takes it - we are all hoping to live "to time indefinite" on the earth.  The Speaker gave a short, clear Bible-based speech explaining why we need the ransom sacrifice, what it will accomplish, and who partakes of the bread and wine and why.

And I had Captain Butterfly beside me to hold my hand during the final prayer.

I am wondering if there will always be a celebration on the Passover.  To his faithful apostles Jesus said: “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19) When writing to members of the spirit-begotten Christian congregation, the apostle Paul added: “As often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives.” (1 Cor. 11:26)

Until he arrives.  So presumably once the Kingdom of God is ruling over the earth - after Armageddon - we won't memorialise Jesus' death - or not in the same way...  but will there be something on that day?

Well, lets hope we are all there to find out.

While the evening was lovely, yesterday itself was rather tense, due to butterfly matters.  So many new members have hatched out in March that I am struggling for supplies to put in the membership packages.  Its getting rather complicated. And I can't post anything till after the Bank Holiday.

However, my injection went a lot better this time - no pain! And no bruising to speak of. So I don't need to be supervised from now on.

With it being a bank holiday, I thought it would pretty much guarantee us some rain.  And indeed they have had deep snow oop North.  But this morning the sun is still shining here.  The Channel is calm.  And the Green is still green.  But for how much longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment