Friday 20 July 2012

To the Dentist

For my six month check up & clean.  In Expatistan it used to take 40 to 50 minutes.  Here it takes about 5. However, it is cheaper here than it was the world of Expat.  Although you didn't notice the pain of payment back then as the Company simply deducted it from your paycheck.  Anyway, the thing is that I got a clean bill of dental health - even from the x rays (which he surprised me by doing).  There is some bone loss, but not bad... for my age (the last three words tactfully left unspoken by nice young dentist).

And it always starts the same:

Dentist:  "How are you, Mrs Captain Butterfly?"
Me:        "Fine. Can I go now?" (making a run for the door).

However, I can no longer run fast enough so I have to have the dental.

Nothing else at all planned for the day, which is great as I feel so tired.  A bit of studying, a bit of daytime TV watching - will Thomas the Tank Engine get those choc ices to the seas-side in time for the children's picnic? Or won't he?  I can't wait to find out.

Don't like to think about the looming Olympics.   For one thing, if it is necessary to have rocket launchers on roofs to protect the thing, is it time to call it a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment