Tuesday 7 August 2012

Where we are in the stream of time...

... we are presently discussing that in the Watchtower study on Sundays - in all the congregations, world wide. Bible prophecy is so powerful, and has been so accurate, that it sends chills down my spine.  If you want to know what is going to happen next, please go to the Meeting at your local Kingdom Hall this Sunday.  Or ask the next JWs who call.

The Book of Daniel gives us the march of the world powers - those that have exerted a major influence on God's people - often, sadly, by way of trying to wipe them out.

The prophecies in Daniel and Revelation give us this sequence:  Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, Britain and the U.S.A (like Medo-Persia, it is pictured as a two-headed world power), and the League of Nations and the United Nations.  And that is it.  The next government to rule over the earth will be the Kingdom of God - for whose coming Jesus taught us to pray.

I got back out on the field service this morning, thanks to Audrey's encouragement. We started my August magazine route - and had a very interesting talk with a gentleman I have been calling on for about 2 years now.

Col is back from his Olympic excursions - he, Keith and Janet had a great time it seems - and the Stadium is brilliant - as is the torch sculpture by Thomas Heatherwick.  Even the toilets were nice!! There was a ticket for me, but I could not make it.  Forty five minutes round our little seaside town has just about finished me off.

I feel so much happier though, now that I am back on the work.   And I never thought that I would be doing the most important work of my life in retirement.


No comments:

Post a Comment