Monday 26 November 2012

Housebound, redux, squared

I have failed to get to Haysbridge for the Convention this time.  Just have to hope that my new med and the - gulp, dread - P.E.lessons (sorry Physiotherapy) will have kicked by the time of the next Assembly.

Or maybe they will have killed me by then...

Round at Jack's Saturday night for the first time in ages - she has been away, Col has been away, she has been ill, we have been ill, and so it goes.  A lovely roast lamb dinner.  She buys her meat from Bairds Farm Shop and then cooks it properly.  It is not half raw a la Masterchef!   Col ate two enormous platefuls - and I ate every scrap of my plateload.  I usually leave half of whatever red meat I am given "whining" (and I am quoting from "The Thoughts of Captain Butterfly" here) "whining that its got fat on it, even though it hasn't, and its perfectly good meat".

I think that is why the good Captain had to have a second plateload - he didn't get half of mine this time.

Chilling review in Sunday papers of a book about the father of the atom bomb, Robert Oppenheimer:

I am deeply thankful for Jehovah's promise that He will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".  We could never sort out the mess we have made of it.  Interesting that those words are from the Book of Revelation, the events prophesied in which started in 1914.  When John was inspired to write to those words, two thousand years ago, it would have seemed unimaginable that we could have brought a whole planet to the brink of ruin.

But we have.  

We had a sunny morning yesterday after all that rain. Don't know which way it will go today. Terrible flooding in the Midlands.  Was supposed to be starting on my new med this morning but the nurse is ill!   

No comments:

Post a Comment