Friday 14 December 2012

The Geranium

I don't think I have ever seen the English Channel as stormy as it is today. I would love to brave the wind and rain and go down to the seafront, but my knees simply won't come along with me. And I can't go without them.

My new car is here.  A vivid shade of red. I thought "tulip" at first, but have decided it is more "geranium".  Hope to try it out tomorrow.

Used up all the veggies to make a big chili veggie stew, with dumplings for supper.  It is stew and dumpling weather.

Col away fetching car most of day - and he lunched off a Bounty Bar.   Spoke to Bea and Audrey on the phone. Bea relieved to be out of hospital, but will be in plaster for a while.

News of a school shooting in the U.S.A. is just coming through...  It seems 26 may be dead - most of them young children.   Hard to comprehend what the parents are going through as I am writing this.

I suppose there will be new calls for a change in the gun laws  - which is something for Americans to decide, I have no opinion either way.  But what does need to change is minds and hearts.   And nothing has more power to reach hearts than Jehovah's word.

Hebrews 4:12:  "For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart."

Once again, I see that the urgency and importance of the Christian preaching work cannot be over-stated.



No comments:

Post a Comment