Tuesday 29 January 2013

A cup of tea - gangnam style

Finally got back on the work this morning - an hour with Audrey, in the drizzle.  But I found three of my magazine route at home and was able to have a little chat as we delivered the magazines.  Captain B announced he was going to Wisley at about 7.30 this morning. I think Mark rang to say he would be there.  He set off early with a box of sandwiches.

Its grey and rainy today - hard to see where sky ends and Channel begins.  The waves are fantastic - rearing up high and crashing on the shore.  Telling us over and over again of the unimaginable power of their Creator, Jehovah of armies.

We went to a concert on Sunday night. The congregation had hired a local hall, and put on a great show - along with tea, cakes and sandwiches. It began with Jason and Hannah singing a mixture of Jazz and Country and Western. There was a lovely little drama somewhere in the middle "True Love Will Have its Way" - based on The Song of Solomon, surely the greatest poem ever written.

It is the story of the faithful love of the beautiful Shulammite girl for her shepherd boy - and how she turns down all that King Solomon. who wants her for his wife, can offer her because of that love.

It contains some of the most beautiful words in the Bible, and I had them read at my parents funerals.

 "Place me as as seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; because love is as strong as death is, insistence on exclusive devotion is as unyielding as Sheol is. Its  blazings are the blazings of a fire - the flame of Jah.  Many waters themselves are not able to extinguish love, nor can rivers themselves wash it away..."

I hope that Jehovah's love for my parents will be as strong as death is, and that He will wake them up from the sleep of death when the time comes.

There were Fillipino singers and dancers, which took me and Col right back to our Expat world.

The concert ended with a rousing troupe of dancers - Zumba - led by one of my Ghanaian sisters, her niece and others. Wow.  Can she dance!  And it ended up with a load of brothers joining them on stage and Gangnamming back and across at a gallop.

I was so carried away that I attempted a zimmery gangnam into the kitchen when we got back and I was about to make us a cup of tea.

"Steady on" panicked Captain B, "you'll frighten the horses."

No comments:

Post a Comment