Wednesday 6 March 2013

Potholed

We had some problems getting to our territory yesterday morning. I drove past our little road which meant I had to tackle the big roundabout to get back to it, so thought I might as well give Dave his magazines and invitation while I was there.  He lives on the other side of the fearsome traffic island.  

He is in the process of selling his house and downsizing, and I have (so far) managed to resist presenting him with a list of Sue-approved roads -i.e. ones that are not cul-de-sacs, don't involve large roundabouts and have plenty of parking.

We finally got to our territory, thinking we were on our own, but, as I set off from the car, I stumbled into one of the many pavement potholes and wrenched my knee - which was painful enough pre-wrench. I let out a scream of agony.

An elder appeared from nowhere to see if I was alright!

Very reassuring.

I am in an interesting 3-way discussion in cyberspace about Catholic teaching.  And we heard from Bea today emailing to book herself up for a visit this summer.   And it looks like the Roger will be with us before the end of the month. And Audrey rang saying she has been praying that I haven't done further damage to my knee and completely crippled myself.

It seems her prayers have been heard, for which I am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment