Wednesday 24 April 2013

A Sea Fret

The Channel has disappeared - there is nothing but a misty space past the stunted bushes that line the sea front, and the pine trees in the garden are wreathed in mist.  It looks so lovely. Though it will prevent Captain B going out to do his transect this morning if it keeps up, as there will be no butterflies to count.

Mark the Butterfly is coming over for coffee this morning.

I was able to do my studying on the balcony yesterday. First time this year!   It was sunny, though not especially warm, and the sea was like a dark blue jewel, shining in front of me.  It was lovely to have Jehovah's two witnesses right there. His word, in the shape of the Hebrew and Christian Greek Scriptures, and his glorious creation all around me.

The gift of life is more precious than I can find the words to say.  Even now - when I am going into this awful decline.  Lot of pain yesterday.  And now I seem to have a problem with my hearing - just on some frequencies.  And we have a date for the fitting of the "You Have Reached Your Sell-by Date" bathroom range, (in more Politically Correct Terms, the "Silver Sixties Suite", or some such). Actually, I have just ordered the paler version of the standard ShowHome range. That is the easiest option.  And I am not artistic enough to work it out for myself.

Thinking of how precious life is, the tragedy of the Boston bombers seems to deepen by the day. So many lives destroyed and families devastated, including their own.  And for what?  And I don't forget all those lives destroyed in Iraq, because of non-existent weapons of mass destruction.

Our need for the incoming Kingdom of God - the heavenly government that will bring peace on earth - has never been more obvious.    And so I want to end this blog with this lovely promise from Psalms:

"Come, you people, behold the activities of Jehovah,
How he has set astonishing events on the earth.
He is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth..."
Psalm 46:8,9

Jehovah will make wars cease - worldwide.  Something we - the children of Adam - have never been able to achieve.  And then those who have died will awake from the sleep of death, into a truly peaceful earth.

It isn't just that there will be no more war - a miracle in itself - but there won't even be an unkind word or an unkind thought when the earth is Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment