Tuesday 23 July 2013

The Cake Clarion

Once again the cry for cakes has gone up - at the Kingdom Hall - on Thursday.  The first batch will be accepted at the meeting next Thursday night.  And I hope that I will have a sackload of marmalade muffins done by then.  (Or, given the price of foundation material these days, a cement lorry load full.)

Our brothers and sisters down the Coast are now building a new Kingdom Hall.  And it is wonderful that Jehovah can arrange for everyone to have a share and to feel useful.  I would be nothing more than a trip-hazard on a building site - but I can still help out via cakes for the tea breaks.

My knees are getting worse than ever. And I hope I will be able to stagger onto the platform next month to be Rosemary's householder.  I think we will be doing the "Do you believe in The Rapture?" talk.

If so, it will be an interesting one.  It is a religious teaching that completely reverses Bible teaching - as so much religious teaching does.

The Rapture says, basically, that there will come a time when the good are "raptured" off the face of the earth, leaving the wicked remaining on it to suffer untold horrors.

Whereas the Bible says, simply and clearly:   "For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it.  As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it." - Proverbs 2:21,22

The meek will inherit the earth, as Jesus famously promised. They will not be removed from it.  But the wicked will. Isn't that what will happen at Armageddon?

A quiet day yesterday.  Captain Butterfly and his sandwiches disappeared mid-morning and had a good day out.  The photos will appear in The Captain's Log in due time.  I had a long talk to Bea on Skype, and to Audrey on the phone.  I did my studying.  They are really encouraging us to get out and do public witnessing, in some cases with portable book and magazine stalls. It is so hard to find people at home these days.   It scares me a bit - the witnessing door to door is not easy either, it scares me too - but I do hope that if my operations work, I will be able to get back out there.

And I made a veggie curry with some veggies that needed using up, and baked the cooking apples. So Captain B came back to a home-made supper.   The curry wasn't bad, but I later watched a Rick Stein programme about home cooks in India and perfect curries and felt that I had hardly got started.

No comments:

Post a Comment