Thursday 22 August 2013

The Great British Bake-off is Back

Hurray!  I love it.  My Tuesday nights are sorted for the foreseeable future.  Mary Berry, Paul Hollywood, the contestants, the cakes.  Who could ask for more?

One contestant made a Gaudi Cathedral out of chocolate cake on Tuesday night.

More hospital tomorrow in this continuing run up to THE OPERATION.

And we have heard from Roger who will be in the UK about that time.  Hopefully we will be able to see him, but it will depend how it all goes of course.  Talked to Audrey on the phone a couple of times, and got a lovely card from Seahouses from Penny and George.  I hope that by this time next year I might be able to be doing a bit of travelling in the North myself.

And as the Cakeathon is still on, I managed a couple of batches of marmalade cupcakes to take to the Hall. The brothers and sisters working on the new Kingdom Hall build like homemade cakes in their tea breaks, and its lovely to be able to contribute something.  Jane is up there cooking for them in the field kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment