Thursday 23 January 2014

A Housebound Life and a Tropical Butterfly

an old Indian Leafwing (Kallima paralekta)
One problem is what to put in my blog...   did nothing yesterday.  Well, I did a load of washing, and dusted and polished everything that couldn't get out of my way. Apart from the bedrooms. The polish and duster are sitting in our bedroom reproaching me even as I type.  And I sat out in the balcony in the wintery sun to do my studying - we are back in Genesis again - where it all went wrong for us.   But the noise drove me back in again. They are drilling something out there.   Flood defences are being strengthened along the river.

The Captain and Butterfly Mark went to Wisley to see the tropical butterflies.  I might capture a picture to make today's blog a bit more attractive.  I packed Col a sandwich and piece of cake, but assumed they would eat at the restaurant. However, they both shared the lunch!  So I wish I had put two pieces of cake in now.  I still have freezer supplies, but must think about baking again next week.

Dawn has managed to get her talk written and is coming round at lunchtime so we can go over it. I am assuming it will be:  "What makes you think there is only one religion that is right?"

A difficult one in these days of interfaith.  But Christianity is an uncompromising religion.  And these are the Scriptures we will be using:

Ephesians 4:4,5:  "One body there is, and one spirit, even as you were called in the one hope to which you were called;  one Lord, one faith, one baptism;"   One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Matthew 7:13-14: “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it;  whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it."       The road to life is narrow, it does not allow for many different beliefs and practices.

Matthew 7:21: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will."    The one doing the will of God... which means knowing who the true God is, studying his word, and doing it to the best of our ability.

John 10:16:  “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd."    One flock, one shepherd.  One congregation, all being taught and shepherded together, not many different ones.

John 17:20-21: “I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word;  in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth."  One united flock, united in the same teaching, and by strong bonds of love.

I don't know how many of those Dawn will cover in the 5 minutes we have though.







No comments:

Post a Comment