Monday 6 January 2014

Dreams in the Downland

Last night I dreamt I was hiking through the Downs - and at one point I rolled all the way down this enormous Down, just for the fun of it.  Then - and why do I do this to myself? - anxiety took over, and I realised I was lost and on my own - and after lots of walking through pretty, but nameless, villages, I decided I had better walk home along a motorway I found. It had a pavement.   Then I found a sign telling me I would have to walk for 11 miles and it began to dawn on me that I can barely walk 11 yards with crutches at the moment.

It was a relief to wake up and find myself home in my own bed with Captain Butterfly next to me.

Linda came round last night and caught us up with her trip to Amsterdam with John.  We often used to stay there for a day or two, en route, many years ago. And for a while we had friends there who lived on the Lek Dyke.  I remember swimming off the little beach opposite their house with big tankers sailing past in the deep channel.

Sunny this morning, after a stormy night.

The JW calender for 2013 ended on a lovely note.  It quoted 1 Corinthians 15:28: "The Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him."    And it commented: "When Christ concludes his Millennial Reign, he will have fulfilled God's original purpose.  Jesus will then acknowledge his Father's universal sovereignty by handing the Kingdom over to Him, that "God may be all things to everyone"."

Then, IF we are all there, after a thousand years of increasing happiness, our real lives will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment