Saturday 4 January 2014

Jill's Beautiful Table

I thought of Jill's lovely table setting last night, all silver and candlelight, as we entertained Tom and Jackie in the kitchen.  However, we had a good evening together as the storm roared outside.  I did oven-baked chicken with Indian spices, and served it with rice, a hot tomato chutney, a spinach curry, mint raita, and Captain Butterfly's Home Made Date Chutney. We used to make it from freshly picked dates in our Expat days.

We retired to the comfort of the lounge for cheese, ice-cream, coffee and biscuits.  And there is lots left to feed the Captain and me over the weekend.  

The sea is building up again- the tide is coming in very fiercely.

The 2013 JW calendar for July and August had such a comforting reminder for all those of us who have lost loved ones to death.   It quotes Jesus' words at John 11:25: "I am the resurrection and the life".   And it comments:  "In God's new world, Jesus will use "the keys of death and of Hades" to restore life to millions, including many who never had an opportunity to learn about Jehovah.- Revelation 1:18, Acts 24:15"

I hope so much to that my aged parents - my granny, my uncles an aunts, friends - will wake up then.

No comments:

Post a Comment