Saturday 8 March 2014

Don't Panic!!

IS LYDIA THE GREAT WHITE SHARK HEADING FOR BRITAIN??!!     Headline in Daily Mail today.

There is a great white shark at loose in the Ocean...  I hope you have your doors and windows locked - and all your plugholes firmly sealed.

I am coming to the end of my hospital/convalescent reading.  I wonder if I can persuade Captain B to order me some more?  I have just been reading about Caitlin Davies' "Place of Reeds", and would rather like to read it.  One of my most successful hospital books has been Margaret Forster's "Hidden Lives".  Please read it.

A day of feeling tired and sad.   But a lovely email from Julia of Arabia, a loving phone call from Malcolm (an elder in the congregation), and from Maggie, and care from Captain Butterfly.  So I feel bad about feeling sad. But I expect its just a reaction to all the shock. I am wondering too if its a kind of delayed sadness.  I remember I felt euphoric when they let me out last time - I didn't even let myself think about another operation to come.

I managed to make the thawed out cherries into a crumble - and did the washing.  It was a nice drying day - sunny with a cold breeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment