Friday 25 April 2014

A Medical Morning at the Library

Captain Butterfly dragged me to the library this morning kicking and screaming (me doing the kicking and the screaming). They are running health checks down there - no waiting. And he insisted. I didn't want to know the state of my health, especially given the sleepless night I have just had. The pain in my knee kept me awake - not agonising as it was, but enough to stop me staying asleep.

Anyway, we did it. And he was right.  All OK, apart from my chloresterol is up...   not spectacularly, but higher than they currently like.  I don't know if its that they have changed the goalposts again, or if we have been eating too many ready meals from the supermarket chill cabinet as I haven't been doing all that much cooking over the last 6 months. Will try to do better.

Nute and Pen have finally managed to synchronize their busy diaries and have arranged a visit for May.

I have emailed a couple of stories to my young publisher.  Plus, for his amusement, "The Ecclesall Witch Project"  (my take on The Blair Witch Project).  Its an in-joke for us Sheffielders, as my protagonists get lost in the dark fastness of Ecclesall Woods.  And anyone who knows my northern hometown knows that even I, with all the directional sense of a paper bag blowing aimlessly about in the wind, could not get lost in Ecclesall Woods.

Our thought for today contained this scripture:  "For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his own face in a mirror.  For he looks at himself, and he goes away and immediately forgets what sort of person he is.  But the one who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and continues in it has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work; and he will be happy in what he does." - James 1:23-25

When we look into the perfect law that belongs to freedom, we see what we should be...  will we act on what we see, or go away and forget about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment