Saturday 3 May 2014

A Wedding Day

Blue Bottle Fly, Calliphora vomitoria
Its Steve and Geraldine's wedding today.  And the sun has come out. Its quite cold, but a beautiful day.   If its possible to have favourite months - and I love them all - then May and September would be my favourites. All the green is so fresh and new - and the wildflowers!  The grass verges are starred with daisies, each one a miracle.

And the world of Butterfly is buzzing.  Or is that the world of Bee?     Col got an amazing shot of a bluebottle yesterday - I had never realised before what beautiful stained glass wings they have. Every time anybody casually swats one, they are killing a living Tiffany jewel.

As the year surges forward, full of vitality, I feel very out of step. But then I am only 3 years off my sell-by date (under the "threescore years and ten" rule).

No comments:

Post a Comment