Tuesday 22 July 2014

Flying Ants

"Look at all these darling little silvery moths hatching out!"  I trilled, fetching Captain B from the other side of the meadow on Sunday evening.    "Flying ants hatching" he said setting up his cameras.   "Ants! Flying at me!!"  I screamed in girly fashion, running off.
Though it wasn't running in the way that Usain Bolt would have understood the word - and in any case I had to watch where I was going, in case I crushed a whole other colony of hatching flying things under my great feet.

It was a beautiful evening.  Though the terrible events worldwide loom larger and larger, as lawlessness increases.   Bible prophecy tells us that things will get worse yet - but on a "darkest hour before the dawn" basis.  The only thing I can do is to stick as close to Jehovah as possible, and tell others about Him, so that they too can come to the Refuge.  

And if people learn and accept that vengeance belongs to God, he will repay, and we trust him and leave it to him, it would instantly calm things down.  Instead we have revenge upon revenge, retaliation upon retaliation.
.
What a mess we, the children of Adam, have got ourselves into. As the Hebrew Scriptures warn us "it does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.

I don't have any political answer to this. As far as I know there isn't one. See the warning above.   If both sides were prepared to stop it...  but clearly they aren't.

So I must go on trying to tell people what our Creator, the God of Abraham,  is doing now, and what he is going to do - and beg them to come to the Refuge. And of course I can at least try to avoid wiping out whole colonies of little hatching creatures with my feet in the meantime.

In harmony with that, I have finally got my July magazine route started - the ones I have to post, as they are up flights of stairs, which still loom in front of me like Everest.   At least, its not so much the going up them now as the coming back down.

Another hot night  - and another hot day looming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment