Tuesday 24 March 2015

Remembering Jekyll

We worked at the other end of town today - long road - big houses - a lot of walking.  I am shattered. But we, plus 3 other siblings, finished our territory. And both Roy and I placed some magazines and hope to call back.   Other than that I haven't done a lot today.  Had a long talk on the phone with Lilian (ex-Planet Expat), which was ended by a ring at the doorbell (the window cleaner, for his money). And I also rang Cathy, to see how she was.

I found a poem I wrote years ago - a bit Private Eye inspired (E.J. Thribb) - when Chuck and Mary's mynah bird died.  He was quite a character.


JEKYLL
by me

So farewell then darling Jekyll
Now no voice our guests will heckle
No seed our floors will speckle
And no beak our hands will peckle
You’re a bird we’ll not forgetle
An eagle, not a starling!
Farewell then, Jekyll darling.


I have to remember that Jehovah knew Jekyll too, as Jesus assured us that: "Two sparrows sell for a coin of small value, do they not? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father’s knowledge."



No comments:

Post a Comment