Thursday 28 May 2015

Tap Dancing

Arundel WWT
Tuesday afternoon we went to The Wetland Trust - a lovely afternoon, blue sky, white clouds, hot and quite humid.   Col showed me a Nettle Tap Moth.   He was a tiny chap, and he landed on a little leaf, and did his courtship dance - whirl, whirl, twirl twirl - hoping to attract a lady. A tap dance?
Common Nettle-tap, Anthophila fabriciana
I was very impressed (nothing wrong with HIS knees!), but no lady moths turned up, so he moved on to another leaf.  I hope he has found a lovely girlfriend now.
Jenny and I were on the door to door work Tuesday morning - quite an interesting morning, and a lot of people not at home.   And Wednesday was a quiet at home day - a housework day - apart from shopping and picking up my meds.  A lot of retirement is spent picking up medications from the pharmacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment