Wednesday 1 July 2015

Ranulph Fiennes

Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Anton Bowring were speaking in Worthing last night.
http://www.speakersfromtheedge.com/theatre-tours/sir-ranulph-fiennes-anton-bowring-life-limits

It was their Life at the Limits tour.  Fascinating evening - and amazing stuff. Sir Ranulph has, among other things,  just become the oldest Britain to complete the Marathon des Sables.

I've done it all of course - though from my sofa, i.e. I have read the books.  And I was happy to find he has written a lot more than I thought, so I shall be looking out for those.

And maybe I will become the oldest Britain to have read his book about the Marathon des Sables (if he is going to write one)?  Worthing theatre ought to book me now.

What a beautiful evening sky though.  It was very hot, and we went out onto the terrace overlooking the sea in the interval, and, wow, a lovely evening.

Got back late.

Cathy and I were out on the doors yesterday morning.  And we had a great time. We placed a lot of invitations to the upcoming Convention at the Brighton Amex Stadium, including one with the local vicar and his wife.  They were a lovely couple, and apologised for their garden explaining that they were turning it into a wildflower meadow.  I said that Captain Butterfly would be thrilled, as we need all the wildflower meadows we can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment