Saturday 18 July 2015

Saturday

The theme for today was:   "Have... the Same Mental Attitude That Christ Jesus had" - with a lot of practical and timely advice as to how to achieve that - insofar as us imperfect, fatally-flawed, children of Adam can.

I sat with Jean today.  We found good seats in the very top layer of the "Old Crocks and Crumblies" sector.  Don't know how it will go tomorrow. We had nearly 9,000 people there today, and there will probably be more on Sunday.  And there were so many baptised!

We will find out the total tomorrow.

Jean and I left at the speed of light - well, if you imagine two rather slow and elderly light beams, one on a wheeled zimmer - as we were worried about the lifts. There are two, with long long queues for both.  However, we did well and were not the last to make the bus.

It is actually a great venue and I hope we can keep going there.

The theme tomorrow is:  "Keep Following Me" - Matthew 16:24   And we have a very valuable Symposium in the morning:  "Have Love Among Yourselves".   It is going to be a discussion of that perfect, inspired definition of love in 1 Corinthians 13.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal.  And if I have the gift of prophecy and understand all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I do not benefit at all.  Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up,  does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury.  It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails.".



No comments:

Post a Comment