Sunday 7 February 2016

Dining Out

My internet friend Ash was invited to the chef's table for a steak and wine dinner last night- in Florida.  We were invited to a roast chicken supper at Jackie's- and very nice it was too.   But I didn't get to the Recorders Conference with Captain B as I was hoping to.

I think I was expecting 6 weeks to be a sort of magic marker - after which I would be up and about. But, while i have every hope that i will be out of my sling in a few days, the physio has told me to be half in half -wear it part time- or my shoulder will ache too much.   On Thursday I  start physio for the shoulder itself - to bring it back on-line.   Which will,apparently, take another 6 weeks.

But i don't know when i will get back to the meetings, let alone the field service,  The Captain still doesn't want me out unsupervised by him.  I have put him through a lot of trauma these last weeks, We do medical appointments together, carefully supervised walks to the beach, and an occasional outing to Jackie - just round the corner - special chair for me - and i can manage the loo.

As for what is happening in the world - the violence on the streets of England daily -a refugee crisis that seems potentially worse than post WW2, with its displaced myriads, my dear aged father among them - and a new terror disease on the way - what can we do?  Clearly politicians don't know, any more than the rest of us.

Today's thought for the day addresses it all, so i will add it..

Sunday, February 7

Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin.Rom. 5:12.
Both Adam and Eve sinned, but Adam was held responsible for their wrongdoing. The first human pair were led to think that they did not need Jehovah as their Ruler. That raised this vital question of sovereignty: Who has the right to rule? To provide an answer for all eternity, God allowed rule independent of him to continue for a time. He knew that experience would prove that rule independent of him would fail. Over the centuries, such rulership has plunged human society into one calamity after another. In the past century alone, about 100,000,000 people died in wars—and that includes millions of innocent men, women, and children. So there already is mounting evidence that “it does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.” (Jer. 10:23) Realizing that fact, we acknowledge Jehovah as our Ruler.—  Proverbs 3:5,6:  "Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight."
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment