Saturday 9 April 2016

Comfort

The Circuit Overseer's last talk, on Sunday, was full of comfort.  I will try to put in some highlights if I can decipher my notes.   And that is a big IF.

The talk was titled:
What Does Jehovah See in your Heart?

(Psalm 38:4) For my errors loom over my head; Like a heavy burden, they are too much for me to bear.
(Psalm 38:6) I am distressed and extremely downcast; I walk around sad all day long.
(Psalm 38:8) I have grown numb and become completely crushed; My anguished heart makes me groan aloud.
(Psalm 38:10) My heart pounds, my strength is gone, And the light of my eyes has left me.

Do we sometimes feel like this? 

Yes, definitely in my case.  It can be very disheartening, trying to live by Jehovah's beautiful, loving standards, and failing failing failing.   And of course I am disheartened by my physical problems too,

The Speaker then used an illustration of the Lifeguard and the Lifeline.  If I am stranded out there, or floundering in the water, am I trying to get myself out, or will I accept help?   Because the help is there. Jehovah is on our side.  He wants to help us.

The Speaker then read these lovely words at Psalm 103:10-14:
" He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor has he repaid us what our errors deserve.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So great is his loyal love toward those who fear him. As far off as the sunrise is from the sunset, So far off from us he has put our transgressions.  As a father shows mercy to his sons, Jehovah has shown mercy to those who fear him.  For he well knows how we are formed, Remembering that we are dust."

As far off as he sunrise is from the sunset.  Sunrise and sunset never meet.

We spoke of a father's love for his children - how David loved Absalom, even after his son had incited and led a rebellion against him.

Jehovah loves us so much, and will never leave us.  It is us who leave him.

(Psalm 51:17) "The sacrifices pleasing to God are a broken spirit; A heart broken and crushed, O God, you will not reject."

And always remember this:   (1 John 3:19, 20) "By this we will know that we originate with the truth, and we will assure our hearts before him  regarding whatever our hearts may condemn us in, because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things."

God is greater than our hearts and knows all things.   Stay with him, accept all the help he gives, and he will make us perfect. The day will come when we perfectly reflect all the beautiful loving qualities of our Creator.


Yesterday we shopped early at Waitrose - and I bought the curries for supper tonight.   The Roger rang to say he won't be able to get over this time, but hopes to visit in July - and a sister rang to say she will take me out on the work tomorrow.  Hurray.  Its so difficult when you don't have a car. Well, I have a car but I can't drive it.  I have been putting off the moment when I get in my car and see if I am anywhere near being able to drive again. It may be too demoralising.

No comments:

Post a Comment