Wednesday 27 April 2016

Snow?

"Have you survived the snowstorm?" asked the Captain as I picked up the phone yesterday.   I was a bit dazed as I had just dozed off in front of the telly.  "What snow?"   "Its been snowing, in Rewel Wood."   "No snow here", I said, looking out the window. "Yes, it said on the News that it was snowing on the coast."

For a moment I thought I saw drifts of snow all over the Green - then realised it was daisies.  And the windows were dry.   So did our little patch of seafront miss out, or did I sleep through the whole thing?

Its sunny but cold this morning. And we did have a brief snowstorm midday!  I made some marmalade muffins for the packed lunches, and some veggie curries, and went over my talk with Captain B.  I urgently need to get back to my second thriller. IF the first one makes even a bit of money, my young publisher will, presumably, agree to take another.

Ash, my good friend in virtual space, is having a hard time. I wish I could help but he is so far away over The Pond and need someone there with him.  If only I could have a blockbusting best seller.  But with me as the heroine, it is not going to happen.  I have never kicked a bottom in my life.

Nor am I likely to now.  With my artificial knees it really would be a case of "This is going to hurt me more than it is going to hurt you."

No comments:

Post a Comment