Sunday 8 May 2016

An Arthritis Flare-up

The pain woken me in the early hours of  Saturday morning - my right shoulder - so now I am very limited in what I can do.  I left a message for Jennifer to warn her I most probably would not be out on the work with her tomorrow.  These severe flare-ups usually last for at a couple of days and sleepless nights, and then I sleep and sleep.

Jacks came round for supper last night - it was a selection of curries from the Waitrose chill cabinet, as I wasn't up to cooking.  Plus a cheeseboard, and strawberries and Cornish ice-cream.

Dave and Maggie arrived on Thursday and we all went for lunch at the Arun View - good food, lovely view of river, sunny Spring day.  Lots of catching up to do, especially on the show-biz career Maggie now has!   Retirement can be the most interesting time of life - though I was thinking as we walked back by the river that here we are, four elderly people, four pensioners, walking along the street...yet only yesterday we were young.

You don't feel any different inside - well I don't - but full of aches and pains, and I hope happier than ever in spite of it all.   But how would I feel if I didn't know the truth - Christianity being called "the way of the truth"?     What hope would I have?  And what meaning would there be in my life?

Wouldn't I still be in the bleak and hopeless world of Darwinian Evolution?   And when you look at the world, so full of cruelty and violence every day, from that point of view, how do you cope?

Our Thought for the Day is about being grateful to Jehovah.  Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment