Wednesday 11 May 2016

Bake-off Creme de la Creme

Watching Bake-off, Creme de la Creme, the professional version of The Great British Bake-off, I was wondering why it misses out on the compulsive charm of the original.  Something about the critical coldness of the judges maybe? And it seems more seriously competitive.

But I do watch it sometimes.  They made the most wonderful creamy chocolatey petit-fours last night. Yum.   And I'm afraid it wouldn't help the format much if they did hire me as as judge.  I don't think much judging would be done as my mouth would be stuffed too full of chocolate cake for more than the occasional "mmmm" and "next please" to emerge.

"I believe you" said the Captain glumly, when I explained to him why I would have to turn down the offer of a judging job if it came.

Gave myself a shower this morning!  That is a landmark.  I was in such pain yesterday morning.

Bea arrives Friday, and I got an email from an old Uni friend this morning. She wants a bed for a few nights when she is down here for a conference in September.  It will be lovely to see her and catch up a bit with old times and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment