Tuesday 31 May 2016

The Beautiful Names of Moths

Red-barred Gold, Micropterix tunbergella
Swan-feather Dwarf and Pale Tussock (and others) are featured in the Captain's Log recently.  What lovely names moths have.

And once again, what an amazing world it is. And how it tells us of its Grand Creator, Jehovah, the God of Abraham.

And how well he teaches us - lovely meeting at the Hall Sunday morning.  I can't say I did much else  beyond get lunch and supper. Which wasn't difficult as the main meal was leftovers from yesterday.  Talked to Jacks and to Bea on the phone.  And yesterday I talked to one of my route calls on the phone - she asked me to drop the magazine in this morning.   I am hoping she might invite me in for a chat next month.  And I parcelled up and posted my remaining magazines, hoping that I will be able to get to them next month...

I have an appointment with my Arthritis guy this week - the first since my fall - and I am worried about what he is going to say - assuming he will agree with the physio, that there is not much hope of further recovery.

On the Doubleplusgood side, a lovely and such a timely thought in our "Examining the Scriptures Daily"- something everybody needs to read as marriages implode and explode all around us.

Become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate.Eph. 4:32.
Gracious speech is without a doubt one of the keys to marital stability. How sad it would be if marriage mates spoke to each other with less respect than they do to total strangers or even to their pets! When couples lash out with “malicious bitterness, anger, wrath, screaming, and abusive speech,” they erode the spiritual defenses of their marriage. (Eph. 4:31) Instead of undermining their marriage with constant criticism or biting sarcasm, couples need to buttress their relationship with words that are kind, tender, and compassionate. A husband and wife do not solve their problems by screaming or by refusing to talk to each other. Instead, they fortify their marriage by choosing not to let disagreements become habitual or deteriorate into protracted arguments. Therefore, even in difficult situations, endeavor to make what you say gracious, both in your tone of voice and in your choice of words.Col. 4:6.


No comments:

Post a Comment