Monday 23 May 2016

What the Blue Sky was Saying

For the first time this year, I went out onto the balcony to study, and got started on our Bible reading for this week which is Psalms 19 to 25, so the first lines I read were:

"The heavens are declaring the glory of God; The skies above proclaim the work of his hands.  Day after day their speech bubbles forth, And night after night they reveal knowledge.  There is no speech, and there are no words; Their voice is not heard.  But into all the earth their sound has gone out, And to the ends of the inhabited earth their message... "

To the ends of the inhabited earth is their message - telling of their Grand Creator, Jehovah, as clearly as if they had spoken.

So of course I looked up. And there above me was, is (as I type this), a tender blue sky, with some fluffy cottonwool clouds moving slowly across it; with the Channel sparkling and glinting underneath in layers of blue.

Surely if I didn't already know that there is a Creator, who made this earth so lovely just for us, the sky and sea this morning would have made me think and wonder, and begun to wake me up - in a spiritual sense.

And talking of waking up - in a literal sense - Captain Butterfly was off very very early this morning, so I had to be up early too, to make his sandwiches, and so that he could help me get dressed.   So I got to Waitrose nice and early - lugged two loads of shopping upstairs, and then walked to the doctors for my blood test.    We are having pizza and salad tonight, and hopefully a picture of the lovely sky for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment