Saturday 13 August 2016

The Team of Jean and Sue racing for Gold

Well, we weren't exactly racing anywhere - its just that I have been watching too much Olympics.  But we were out on the work this morning as, once again, I try to pick up the threads and get back to things.   It was very hot, but there was a breeze.

And I asked Jehovah not only that he would please guard my driving, especially with the precious cargo of Jean in my car, but that we would be working somewhere local and easy to drive to.  And we were and I picked up and dropped off Jean safely, for which I am very very grateful.

When I got back, I got a phone call from Janie to say that her mother died yesterday.  We talked for an hour on the phone and it was a trip to the past.  I have known her since we were both 12 years old when she, her young widowed mother and her siblings moved into the road I call "Disraeli Crescent" in my mostly unpublished-as-yet fiction.  They moved in next door and being Canadian, seemed a very exotic family to us.

We have known each other ever since, though we have lived in different countries for much of our working lives.   And we have both come back to England in our retirement.   Neither of us can travel much now, so I don't know when or if we will see each other again.

I don't think I can make it to the funeral - as I am not in good travelling shape at the moment - but Janie says it will be a small and quiet affair.

Her mother died peacefully, asleep, at her home, and in her nineties. Which is as much as any one of us can hope for until Paradise is restored.

I hope she has a wonderful awakening ahead of her when the time comes for the resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment