Wednesday 2 November 2016

Holly Parachutes

Holly Parachutes, Marasmius hudsonii, growing on holly leaf
These little fungi are so tiny you would never notice them if you were not on the hunt for fungi to photograph.  Captain B and Mark found them yesterday.
Holly Parachute
It was the big bonfire on The Green on Saturday night, along with the usual spectacular firework display.    Jackie came, and so did John and Linda.   I provided sausages, garlic bread, salad, pizza, samosas, a cheeseboard, and carrot cake and ice-cream.

We all had a good time (I hope).

It is the Memorial Service for Audrey at the Kingdom Hall today and I will be taking Jean and then we will go and visit Maggie.

I am busy with my edits for "Small Island".  Fantastic Books have done a great job of editing - I agree with all the changes they want me to make, apart from wanting to keep the "dalek lights" and someone being (metaphorically) "in stasis".

Yesterday was an at home day for me.  I did a couple of loads of washing, washed the floors, and made a veggie stew and an apple crumble for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment