Sunday 16 April 2017

Dreaming of Caesar

Swallowtail, Papilio machaon
His Butterflyship flew back yesterday afternoon, (via Easyjet)  having had a great time.   Jacks came round to join us for a welcome back glass of wine later. He has brought back a treasury of wonderful photos from Corfu, pressies (olive wood bracelet, olive wood lemon squeezer, and embroidered tablecloth) and a lovely tan.  And he is coming to the Special Talk at the Hall today!

It is titled: "How to Cultivate Peace in an Angry World", and will be given worldwide.

It could hardly be more timely or more needed, looking at the headlines.   I hope millions will join us today in hearing it, listening, taking it into mind and heart, and applying.

Yesterday morning as I had Jean riding shotgun (metaphorically speaking - the thought of Jean, me and our one braincell being anywhere near a loaded weapon...) I felt confident enough to drive us to Cuff Miller en route to the Field Service Group.  I was in desperate need of more petrol, but, I am embarrassed to admit, I rely on Captain B to fill my car.  For one thing, he travels about so much he always knows where the cheapest petrol is. And for another, while I understood the system on Planet Expat, and could do my own petrol-getting there,  I have never found out how it works here.

However...   I parked up at what I hoped would be the right pump, with my car on the right side of it and tiptoed in to the garage and found a guy at a computer in a little office.  "Er, can you help me?" I twittered hopefully "I need to fill my car with petrol."

"Of course" he said, springing up from his computer "What does your car take?"   "Er, not diesel" (I was confident about that.)

He was so lovely, came straight out, filled it up with the right stuff and gave  me a careful lesson about how to do it next time, and Voila!  I was all set up again.  Cuff Miller has my petrol business from now on.  I don't care what their prices are.

Jean and I were well on time to the group - a small one this Saturday - and did some calls, just about an hour, then got back to be ready to welcome Captain Butterfly.

We had a chicken salad tea (with new potatoes).   Which I hoped would not be a bit of an anti-climax after all his restaurant and taverna outings in Corfu.

And I think he will be flying off this morning after the Special Talk, as there is news of a Large Tortoiseshell.   Clearly he is not yet butterflied out.  Judging by yesterday, I will fall asleep in the afternoon.

Last night I dreamt about Caesar the Dalmatian,  I was walking near to my childhood home when, from far off, I saw this large dalmatian hurtling towards me.  I knew it was Caesar, and we were so happy to see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment